Spirit of NH Awards 2023
Thank you for your interest in submitting a nomination (or multiple!) for the 2023 Spirit of NH Awards. In order to do so, you must click "Register" in the top right-hand corner of the screen after clicking Apply and entering a title for your nomination. Creating a SurveyMonkey account is required to proceed with the application.
You can view the 2022 virtual event & awardee videos here: https://volunteernh.org/recipients-2022-spirit-of-nh-awards/
You can view the nomination questions in advance here: 2023 Spirit of NH Awards Nomination Form. Please note, the form uses branching, so not all questions in this document will be answered by the nominator.
Nominations will be accepted through this portal through August 24th at 5:00 PM! (deadline extended!)
There are two types of Spirit of NH Awards, outlined below. Your category choice will indicate which type of award your eligible nominee will receive.
Volunteer Service awards recognize individual volunteers and groups of volunteers who provide volunteer services that strengthen communities and improve the lives of New Hampshire residents.
New this year to mark the 20th anniversary of Spirit, the Lifetime Achievement Award will recognize one individual volunteer who has dedicated multiple years of service to an organization/cause that serves New Hampshire residents. If you wish for your nominee to be considered for their lifetime of service, check the box provided in the nomination form.
Volunteer Champion awards recognize outstanding nonprofit/public service organizations and businesses with volunteer programs that provide the infrastructure for volunteers to be successful in their service. Awards in the Volunteer Champion category recognize things such as excellent program management, fund development efforts that sustain volunteer programs, and commitment of time/resources to engage employees in community volunteer roles.
- Yes, you may nominate yourself for an award.
- Yes, you may also submit more than one nomination.
- Reviewers are instructed to judge based ONLY on the information provided in the nomination. Do not ask or assume that reviewers will visit a website, read an article, etc.
- All eligible nominees will be recognized at the Spirit of NH Awards, but an independent review committee will select the most compelling nominees for special recognition.
- Special recognition includes: Outstanding Awardees in each subcategory, the overall Spirit of NH Award selected from the pool of Outstanding Awardees, and the Lifetime Achievement Award. The winner of these special awards will be selected by the review committee and will be the individual who demonstrates a commitment to volunteer service above and beyond that of the other nominees.
- In order for your nominee to be eligible for recognition, their volunteer service/initiative(s) must have been performed to a significant extent:
- Within the last 18 months.
- In New Hampshire and/or to benefit New Hampshire in some way.
- (For Volunteer Service Awards) Outside the context of the nominee’s paid employment.
- Exceptions include AmeriCorps service, workplace volunteer programs, unpaid internships, and service completed for course credit. These are acceptable forms of compensation for volunteer service.
You will be asked to submit (a) photo(s) of your nominee at the end of the nomination form-- if you do not have one ready, you may email one to Aislinn@VolunteerNH.org, or drag and drop (with the file name matching the name of the nominee) to this folder: Spirit Nominee Photos. If there are no photos of the nominee, please upload an image of the applicable organization's logo.